The biggest day of your life: your wedding! This day is one full of love and emotion as family and friends gather together to celebrate such a milestone in your life! The moment that the bride and groom first see each other is often times the moment couples find most memorable. The first look forges a strong emotional connection that will be cherished forever.
The "first look" is a modern tradition of having a private couple's portrait session where the bride and groom see each other for the first time prior to walking down the aisle.
If you have read this far it is likely because you are planning a wedding and debating on whether or not you should do a first look with your soon to be spouse...
...Well debate no further!
I am going to give you FIVE reasons why you should ABSOLUTELY do a first look - from the photographer's perspective :)
1. A first look creates an opportunity for a beautiful intimate moment between you and your spouse to be
2. Your nerves will practically vanish! This quiet moment allows for a break in the hustle and bustle of the big day and helps you be more comfortable for the rest of the day!
3. You will look your best! Capturing this moment early in the day before the festivities begin ensures that you will look spectacular!
4. I will capture more beautiful images! Scheduling this time for beautiful couple's portraits before the wedding ceremony is important. Weddings are unpredictable and setting this time aside is great to do so that we don't miss beautiful portraits
5. Capturing the first look prior to the ceremony will allow more time for you to spend with your friends & family and enjoy your special day with your guests!
Hopefully those reasons were convincing and helpful in making your decision about doing a first look.
Shout out to Simone & Andy pictured above for doing such a beautiful first look session on their big day! My good friend Brooke second shot for me at their wedding and was a big help in arranging the first look at the most beautiful spot at the venue! Check out her gallery of photos from their big day here.